For this project we went to locations, taking pictures and drawing landscapes and objects that we found along the coastline. We started with a trip to Weston-super-Mare beach looking at the old pier and marine lake in particular, although interesting I found it hard to get inspired and creative here as I live in Weston I see these sights on a regular basis and found it hard to apply and sort of drawing skill to them. We then went back to the studio and had a tutorial on mark making with a range of different materials and tools, this really helped me to find a starting point to start drawing from and I didn't feel so confined to pencil and paper. Along with this we also experimented with bling portraits, this showed me how broad drawing can be and it doesn't necessarily need to look exact to what you're replicating.
 |
| Blind Portrait 1 |
 |
| Blind Portrait 2 |
I began by taking pictures from my recent holiday and creating a range of small drawings. Although I struggled in the first half of this week after this tutorial and a trip to the harbour in Bristol really helped me to look further and apply different styles to my work.
 |
| Fineliner Drawing |
 |
| Fineliner and Pencil Drawing |
 |
| Pen Drawing |
 |
| Pencil Drawing |
I then took inspiration from artists such as Shaun Kardinal to create some outcomes.
 |
| Triangle Stitch |
 |
Water Drop Stitch
|
After this experimenting i decided to stick with one image and develop it further.
 |
| Fineliner and Pencil Drawing |
 |
| Ink Drawing |
 |
| Ink layered with shading |
 |
| Ink layered with colour |
This first project on the UAL has shown me the many different varieties of work that can be created.
Overall I have enjoyed these initial weeks as I have become more comfortable with drawings and learnt that it is more than pencil and paper as you can use any medium or tool to create a picture. I am now looking forward to starting my first option in visual communication and applying these skills to that area.
0 comments:
Post a Comment